Monday, September 10, 2007

Jas's Weekend Sports Review of My Fav Teams...

In my beginning years of life, the only things that were known to me were family, education and SPORTS!!!! Growing up the daughter of a sports fanatic it became a huge part of my life. There was never a dull weekend for me. Each season of sports my Dad did something in relation to it. Football season, he coached football; softball season, he played on a local softball team, basketball season, he referees so it just never ends with him. Now the basis for this intro comes to my favorite sport being football. I get very excited about football season as well as the other citizens and residents of the State of Alabama. Whether it's little league, high school or college football. On to my weekend sports review of my favorite teams....

I am still a huge fan of my high school football team and I tend to follow their football season pretty good and attend their games. This year our rival team game came very early in the year. It was the second game in the season. We have transitioned once again to a new coach and apparently he hasn't realized how important winning the game against the school 5 minutes away from us is. Not only is the school down the street and around the corner but their present football coach is our former football coach that led us to a State Championshop Victory. For the past 4 years, we have won. This year's t-shirt's slogan was, "Fear the thumb." Well apparently this year they had nothing to fear. They beat us by two points. Our defense was tired and the offense ran the same play throughout the entire game. Enough of that, I'm getting mad all over again...ugh...
http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1189240774107990.xml&coll=2

Now for my favorite college football team. Living in the state of Alabama you grow up being a fan of either Alabama or Auburn. Well in my path of growing up my parents were Auburn fans and I also grew to be a fan as well. Well here lately,they have been a disappointment as well. We started off the season last week barely with a win. This week we go into overtime against S. Florida and LOSE 26-23!!!! Ughh.....MAD!!!!!
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/

Now for the NFL season opener between the Colts and the Saints!!! It's was a wonderful night. The Colts did not disappoint me one bit. I have to admit that the first quarter of the game I was a little worried but once we got in our groove, it didn't stop. The opened the season with a 41-10 win over the Saints. I don't think there is much more I can say about that. The score speaks for itself.
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=5bbb9438-579e-4f47-a4e2-0ebd6f6adb7e

1 comment:

deepnthought said...

I follow my high school team too. I spent a majority of my life in Tn, so I am partial to my University and to UT Knoxville. I am in love with the Ravens. But I like the Colts and grew up a Raiders Fan. And I can gush on and on about the Titans.

My father was a sports fanatic. I am a sports fanatic. I hope to marry a sports fanatic.

About the StoneColdFoxx