Thursday, September 13, 2007

Maybe I have to go through....

the same situation to understand it...


In the past few years of my life, due to my teenage experiences and seeing the society that the young women of today are growing up in, I've developed this soft place in my heart for mentoring young girls who've grown up with various personal issues in their lives. Now, growing up as a teenage girl with low self-esteem and a need of attention I placed myself into some situations that could have been avoided. Now as I look back at them I'm grateful that I experienced certain things and made it through unharmed. I've learned that many young girls haven't been as fortunate as I have and a lot of them weren't put in those situations because they allowed themselves to but because they had no control of their lives or environments.

I have this little project....we'll call her Project C. I met Project C about 6 months ago and immediately took a liking to her and her sweet spirit. She took a liking to me as well and began to open up to me and let me know her inner most life secrets, fears, traumas and family situations. She comes from a situation where both parents have been of no benefit to her, ONLY HARM but she has the love and nurturing of a close family member who loves her and gives her he world. Now, if I were Project C I would be taking full advantage of that love, attention and lavish lifestyle that she's getting....but Noooooooooo!!! She wants to go back to a lifestyle of harm and hurt.

I feel kind of bad because I haven't talked with her in about two months but the last time her loved one contacted me, she gave me rave reviews on Project C and said that things were going great with her at home. I was so proud and I continued to let her know that anytime she needed me, I would be there. Well this morning, I went to get me a Mt. Dew to get my swagger going and I saw the loved one in tears. I work at a place where at any given moment you can see anyone you know and theY could be around for any type of family situation you can think of. The loved one was distraught. She began to pour her heart out to me and let me know that things weren't ok anymore....

Now I guess I'll never understand because I haven't had any TRUE TRARAMATIC experiences in my life. I've heard that Project C wants to go back to the horrific life that she had with her Father. Why? Obviously she's very unappreciative of the "new" life that she has and she doesn't like structure from the sounds of it.....Maybe I can listen to her and help her to reason with herself. I think I'm going to call her today and maybe take her to dinner tomorrow. Pick up where I left off........I don't want to preach to her but I want to listen and see what's going on with her brain......maybe with her listening to herself will show her that she doesn't need to open up old wounds only to let them get all infected and torn up again.......


1 comment:

deepnthought said...

I am loving your spot.

I was doing a similar thing with the girls in my old city.

Now with that being said, you have to keep in mind that when you have a teen or a child who is in a situation, no matter what the experience, sometimes they feel obligated to the parents. Also, structure can be scary to someone who has never had it consistently.

So, I agree, just reach out to the girl and do like you intend to do.

I am sending you positive thoughts through cyber space.

About the StoneColdFoxx